I’m just hanging on until Blog ‘N Grog tomorrow and the Meeting of the Morons this weekend…
- Happy 2nd Blogiversary, Trail-Mix.
- One more light thing before we go into the heavy stuff; TexasFred has the Alabama preacher joke of the day.
- Stephan Tawney says The Fred! is supposedly going to vet judicial nominees for John McCain. It’s a step in the right direction.
- Why? Just read Fred Thompson’s two-site smackdown of Boumediene.
- Of course, it isn’t all good news on the McCain Watch; James T. Harris is having a nightmare over McCain’s $300 million battery search.
- Jim Hoft notes the Iraqis are saying there was a connection between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda, specifically second-in-command Ayman Al-Zawahiri.
- John Adams wonders why the Jefferson Super WalMart is able to sell alcohol without marauding drunks and pillaging rumpbots. Simple; there’s no UW
party schoolcampus at Jefferson.
- Sean M. has the perfect accessories for the AoSHQ lifestyle, ones that they’re probably using in Jefferson to disguise the marauding and pillaging.
- Jim Hoft notes that we Morons have a LOT of catching up to do to match the Nutroots’ use of the late George Carlin’s 7 Words.
- Lawhawk mourns the penultimate act of Zimbabwe’s death-by-dictator (in the form of Robert Mugabe), the withdrawal from political life of the only major opposition after repeated violence by those loyal to Mugabe. Bonus; the UN failed the opposition.
- Wordsmith asks, “Can it git mo’ crazy than this?” As Stone Cold Steve Austin used to say, “If you think it can, give me a ‘Hell Yeah!'”
- Owen finds BadgerCare Plus $78 million in the hole. Even after it was raided to the tune of $60 million by Doyle and the Legislature, that’s still a large shortfall from the folks that would be running Healthy (and Depopulated) Wisconsin.
- No Wonder Why crAP Doesn’t Want to be Quoted, Part I – Gaius caught the news wire organization that shall not be quoted giving the nickname “Big Muddy” to the wrong river. The funny thing is, the lower Mississippi River becomes muddy only once Big Muddy (the Missouri River) runs into it.
- No Wonder Why crAP Doesn’t Want to be Quoted, Part II – Fausta caught the news wire organization that shall not be quoted providing the unattributed Marxist spin to Hugo Chavez’ nationalization of Venezuela’s mining industry.
- More Presstitute Follies – Allahpundit caught the New Sedition Slim…er, New York Times (or was I right the first time) revealing the name of KSM’s chief interrogator against the wishes of that person and the CIA. All the secrets fit to leak….
- JihadGene has today’s TV schedule; nothing but tributes to Tim Russert.
- JammieWearingFool found a ‘Rat who is having a bit of a problem donating back to the party.
- J. Gravelle runs the numbers on Rep. Gwen Moore’s salary.
- Robert notes the ‘Rat Congress delivered on every bad thing we on the right said they’d deliver on. By the way, that deliverance resulted in record low approval ratings for Congress.
- Finally, onto the Obamination portion of the Scramble. In today’s issue of Bus and Driver, Lawhawk notes Barack Obama has tossed the left under the bus twice. Speaking of B&D, I know a couple of you are good with Photoshop; lawhawk would appreciate it if someone could whip up a Photoshop with the latest seal on the cover.
- See-dubya is gleeful (well, not really) that Obama has wrapped up the clean sweep of dictator endorsements with Krazy Kim Jong-Il’s.
- Kate has not one, but two doses of Obamarama cartoons.
- Ed Morrissey notes Bill Clinton isn’t feeling the unity yet.
- Jim Geraghty notes Obama isn’t as good with the “get over it” line as Bill was.
- PJ-Comix delivers The Funny to the growing sense of doom and buyers’ remorse amongst the nutroots.
- The Liberty Brian found the same sense of doom and buyers’ remorse amonst the Europeans. Guess getting the clean sweep amongst dictators has consequences, especially since Iran is eyeing up Eurabia.
- Robert puts Obama in his own words.
- William Teach found Obama drinking the Corn-a-Hole Kool Aid.
- Todd Lohenry has the Obama joke of the day.
Don’t forget to tune in tonight to Blogs4Bauer for the Strike Substitute finale.