I haven’t quite decided whether to turn off the (almost-)no-swearing lamp and let the alcohol flow, but we’re almost at the unofficial start of the Presidential campaign. Fox News is hosting tonight’s debate just before the Ames Straw Poll, and they lined up the 8 contenders who were officially in the race at the start of today:
– Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
– Former Godfather’s Pizza CEO/radio talk show host Herman Cain
– Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich
– Former Utah governor/ambassador to China Jon Huntsman
– Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)
– Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty
– Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney
– Former Senator Rick Santorum
That means no Texas governor Rick Perry, even though he let slip he’s entering the race this weekend.
As always, I’ll be using CoverItLive to handle the live-blogging traffic, so you won’t need to hit refresh to keep up. I’ll start things about 7:45 pm. If you don’t see the CiL window below, click here to catch it in a new window.
Revisions/extensions (9:16 pm 8/11/2011) – Since CiL crashed, not just for me but for everybody, I’m concentrating on Twitter. Sorry about that.