The following 8 “Republican” members of the House just enabled passage of the Waxman-Markey Cap-and-
- Mary Bono Mack (California’s 45th district)
- Michael Castle (Delaware’s at-large)
- Mark Kirk (Illinois’ 10th district), and he claims he read the whole thing.
- Leonard Lance (New Jersey’s 7th district)
- Frank LoBiondo (New Jersey’s 2nd district)
- John McHugh (New York’s 23rd district)
- Dave Reichert (Washington’s 8th district)
- Chris Smith (New Jersey’s 4th district)
Remember those names well, as had only 4 of them not wished for the largest and costliest intervention in manufacturing and energy production and usage in the history of this country, Henry Waxman, Ed Markey, and the interventionists would have failed as 44 Democrats saw this for what it is. Or, at least they would have forced 8 of those 44 to do what Jeff Plale did late last night in the state budget and sell out their principles.
Revisions/extensions (7:00 pm 6/26/2009) – My friends at The Heritage Foundation here’s what those 8 have done to their districts (in Castle’s case, the entire state). Nothing like dooming one’s district/state to billions of lost wages and tens of thousands of lost jobs.