I decided to try the release candidate of WordPress 2.7 on a test blog.
- I like the new back-end.
- Pagination and threading is cool.
- The media uploader is (mostly-)working again after Adobe broke the Flash version. Specifically, the “no link” is respected, and it is possible to insert “original size” pics.
- Had to do some modifying of the template to get it working right.
- I can’t figure out how to modify the intro to the comments.
- Filosofo Comments Preview doesn’t work with threaded comments (AJAX Comment Preview does, though I don’t want to go with that).
Revisions/extensions (11:56 am 12/5/2008) - I hadn’t reported on the compatibility of Peter’s Custom Anti-Spam with 2.7. While 3.1.1 is not entirely compatible (with “force registered users to enter the word” enabled, an admin can’t reply from the back end), the fresh 3.1.2 is.