I have to tip my cap to Don Smiley; the Summerfest lineup looks soooo good on paper…
Yes, it’s the weekend. Normally that would stop me in my tracks, but let’s roll on:
- Jim Hoft opens fire on Barack Obama. Remember what I said about past performance.
- Jim Geraghty jumps all over Obama’s failed privatization of low-income housing. The trouble actually was hiring a bunch of contributor slumlords like property-purchase-partner Tony Rezko, not the privatization (Cabrini Green rings a warning bell).
- Jed calls the food menu in Denver for the ‘Rat convention an “Epic FAIL!”
- Lawhawk catches Matt Drudge diving into the tank on gas prices. I will note that Drudge doesn’t take his own pictures, but choosing one that has only racing fuels on it is, at the least, misleading.
- E.M. Zanotti laughs at Michigan’s latest attempt to use government subsidies to try to bail itself out of a business crisis mostly of its own making; wood-chips-to-ethanol.