Via JSOnline’s DayWatch, the mayor has declared a state of emergency here in Oak Creek due to significant flooding. The roads that are currently closed are:
- W. Drexel Avenue from 13th St. to 27th St.
- E. Forest Hill Ave. from Shepard Ave. to Pennsylvania Ave.
- E. Oakwood Rd. from Pennsylvania to John Aaron Dr.
- S. 100th (W. Ryan Rd.) from Howell Ave. to 13th St.
- S. Nicholson Rd. from Puetz Rd. to 100th.
- S. Pennsylvania Ave. from Puertz Rd. to Oakwood Rd.
- S. Shepard Ave. from S. 100th to Centennial Dr.
I expect more closures to happen with the next rounds of storms; the ground is oversaturated. As the National Weather Service says, “Turn around, don’t drown”.